Office and Facilities Manager
MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradesmen through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.). MyBuilder operates throughout the UK and our head office is located in Clerkenwell, Central London. Our office reflects our unique culture: we have an office bar, a staff band and colleagues who cook each other lunch.
MyBuilder are looking for an experienced Facilities Manager, who can understand business needs to lead and deliver an excellent facilities function, ensuring the smooth running of an office.
This role requires a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to think two steps ahead, in a friendly and personable approach. This is a great opportunity to take ownership of all the office operations as well as play a key part in shaping the company's culture.
Every day will be different, however the typical responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the upkeep of the office, ensuring basic facilities such as plumbing, heating and electrics are well maintained.
- Acting as the company ‘handyman’ - looking out for any DIY opportunities and acting upon them.
- Managing essential central services such as reception, security, post, cleaning, waste disposal and recycling.
- Helping maintain office systems, including IT set ups and other office equipment.
- Managing building projects, renovations and refurbishments.
- Managing any outsourced contracts with vendors and suppliers.
- Ensuring the facilities function meet government regulations, environmental, health & safety standards.
- Order birthday cakes, cards and the lighting of candles!
The right person
The ideal candidate will be a self starter, who enjoys proactively thinking ahead a
You will have great organisational experience managing an office and always be willing to get your hands dirty, sometimes literally!
At MyBuilder you’ll never hear that something is “not my job” so you should be prepared to take on a variety of tasks which all contribute to the success of the company.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We’ll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely office located in Clerkenwell. You’ll enjoy the best coffee around, great food and regular team outings. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a top-flight team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We'll also add:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fresh food & exotic drinks
- Foosball, darts, skateboards & guitars
How to apply
If this sounds like the role for you, please send us a CV and covering letter explaining why you’d be a great addition to the team. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.