Disputes & Claims Manager
MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.)
Due to an exciting period of growth, MyBuilder is looking for experienced Disputes & Claims Managers to join the team and help us maintain our position as market leaders by delivering 5-star customer experience. Home improvement projects can be complicated and we know things don’t always go to plan. That’s why we’ve developed an exciting new product - giving homeowners the opportunity to ‘guarantee’ their project, providing the reassurance and peace of mind they may need. In order to deliver this, we need you!
As a Disputes & Claims Manager you will be responsible for helping our homeowners achieve the project of their dreams. When things go wrong, you’ll act as the marketplace referee - listening to both sides of the story, remaining impartial and fair with a view to helping our customers resolve their differences.
However, not all relationships can be salvaged, and that’s where our guarantee comes into play. You’ll need to consider the homeowner’s claim and, if the project is covered, you’ll step in and ensure the homeowner gets the great outcome that they deserve. With the support of our in-house experts, you’ll find a new tradesperson to deliver the job - and help the homeowner keep the project on track through to completion.
- Speaking with all parties involved in a dispute and attempting conciliation
- Providing clear and straightforward advice that guides all parties to a timely resolution
- Proactively helping homeowners find new tradespeople - to ensure their guaranteed project is delivered as quickly as possible
- Helping homeowners manage their projects through to completion
- Assessing and resolving formal claims & complaints raised by homeowners, liaising with our insurance partners and regulators where needed
- Comprehensively documenting all case information and records
- Managing your own varied & complex caseload
- Educating our customers to promote a positive experience of using MyBuilder
- Identifying & escalating high-risk trade accounts for further investigation by our Trade Quality team
- Helping Government organisations - such as Trading Standards and the Financial Ombudsman Service - with their investigations
- Developing and improving internal policies, procedures and tools
This is an important role that plays a key part in the continued growth of MyBuilder. To be successful, the skills and experience you’ll need are:
- A comprehensive track record of handling complex customer complaints, disputes or insurance claims.
- A natural desire to help others. Able to build rapport easily and relate to people from all walks of life
- Balanced and easy going with the ability to navigate emotionally charged disputes between tradespeople and homeowners
- Strong interpersonal skills. An effective listener who can negotiate and give clear advice to people in difficult situations
- A natural communicator, showing real pride in being clear, concise and persuasive - both in writing and on the phone
- Excellent decision-making skills - remaining impartial in difficult situations
- A flair for finding solutions to some challenging problems
- First class organisation and time management skills. Comfortable managing a large varied caseload including helping homeowners manage their projects through to completion
- A keen eye for detail with the ability to consider, understand and explain complex contracts and insurance policies
- Comfortable with technology and the latest products and software
Why you’ll love being part of the MyBuilder Team
Well established but still a startup at heart, we take pride in our collaborative, innovative and social culture that we believe brings out the best in all of us. Our bright and spacious HQ is located bang in the centre of Clerkenwell, the most interesting creative hotspot in London. As part of a close-knit team, you will benefit from regular peer support and feedback to help you succeed and progress in your role. Most importantly, you’ll be in a great company, surrounded by a top-flight team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We will also add:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Health Cash Plan
- Group Life Assurance Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- 31 days holiday with an extra day for each year served (no cap)
- Weekly and Monthly social events including 5aside Football, Film Club, Drinks & Dinners
- Drinks on Friday at our all-hands company celebration meeting
For more information on how we store your data please visit our Employment Candidate Privacy Notice.