Customer Service Specialist - Consumer Team
MyBuilder.com is an online marketplace dedicated to helping homeowners find quality tradesmen through the power of reviews. Our mission is to change the building industry.
We're looking for a passionate and talented people person to join our Consumer Service team. You will be based at our lovely office near Old Street, EC1.
As one of our Customer Service Specialists, you will spend your time helping homeowners get the most from their experience of using MyBuilder.
Home improvement projects are complicated and things don't always go according to plan. If things turn sour, we may be asked to step in. There are two sides to every story so we must take care to remain impartial, yet know when and what actions to take. Where possible, we try to patch things up. Otherwise, we provide guidance so the customer can act for themselves. Occasionally, you may be called on to help Government organisations with their investigations.We're a web business so you can also expect to provide technical support over the phone and via email.
Who we're looking for
This is a senior customer service position. While you don't need specific qualifications for this role, you should have a track record of handling complex customer disputes and complaints. We're especially interested in meeting people with these qualities and skills:
- A natural desire to help others and bags of empathy. The ability to build rapport easily and relate to people from all walks of life.
- Balanced and easy going - navigating emotionally charged disputes between tradesmen and job posters can be quite challenging.
- Calm under pressure. Comfortable dealing with an angry tradesman or upset homeowner, and able to give clear advice to people in difficult situations.
- Fair, yet also able to make tough decisions where necessary.
- Outstanding communication skills. You enjoy talking to people, take pride in writing a great email and know how to adapt your tone to suit each enquiry.
- Good analysis and investigation skills.
- Previous consumer affairs experience would be beneficial.
- Comfortable with technology. Able to quickly learn new applications and processes.
Why you'll enjoy working at MyBuilder
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Decent food, exotic drinks
- Foosball, darts, skateboards & guitars
MyBuilder is a special place to work, and we take much pride in our team. Founded by an ex-tradesman, we are software developers, musicians, journalists, artists and everything in between. We look for people who are curious, passionate about their jobs, hard working and not afraid to fail in pursuit of getting it right next time.
We’ll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely office located near Old Street. You’ll enjoy the best coffee around, great food and regular team outings. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a top-flight team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!