Senior Customer Service Specialist
MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradesmen through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.). MyBuilder operates throughout the UK and our head office is located in Clerkenwell, Central London. Our office reflects our unique culture: we have an office bar, a staff band and colleagues who cook each other lunch.
We're looking for an experienced customer service professional to join our Consumer Support Team. This is a full-time position, based at our office near Old Street, EC1.
As one of our senior customer service advisors, you'll spend your time helping homeowners get the most from their experience of using MyBuilder.
Home improvement projects are complicated and things don't always go according to plan. If a relationship turns sour, homeowners approach us for guidance. There are two sides to every story so we have to remain impartial and fair. Where possible, we try to patch things up. Otherwise, we provide high-quality advice so the customer can act for themselves. Occasionally, you may be called on to help Government organisations with their investigations.
The Consumer Service Team play an active role in monitoring trade activity, looking for signs of trouble. If you’re the kind of person who enjoys detective work and connecting the dots, you should feel right at home.
We're a web business so you'll be expected to help our customers use MyBuilder and provide technical support where needed.
Who we're looking for
This is a senior customer service position. While you don't need specific qualifications for this role, you should have a track record of handling complex customer disputes and complaints. We're especially interested in meeting people with these qualities and skills:
- A natural desire to help others and bags of empathy. The ability to build rapport easily and relate to people from all walks of life.
- Balanced and easy going - navigating emotionally charged disputes between tradesmen and job posters can be quite challenging.
- Calm under pressure. Comfortable dealing with an angry tradesman or upset homeowner, and able to give clear advice to people in difficult situations.
- Fair, yet also able to make tough decisions where necessary.
- Outstanding communication skills. You enjoy talking to people, take pride in writing a great email and know how to adapt your tone to suit each enquiry.
- Good analysis and investigation skills.
- Previous consumer affairs experience would be beneficial.
- Comfortable with technology. Able to quickly learn new applications and processes.
Why you'll enjoy working at MyBuilder
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Decent food, exotic drinks
- Foosball, darts, skateboards & guitars
MyBuilder is a special place to work, and we take pride in our team. Founded by an ex-tradesman, we are musicians, writers, artists and everything in between. We look for people who are curious, passionate about their jobs, hard working and not afraid to fail in pursuit of getting it right next time.
We’ll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely office located near Old Street. You’ll enjoy the best coffee around, great food and regular team outings. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a top-flight team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time.