Customer Operations Associate
MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradesmen through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.). MyBuilder operates throughout the UK and our head office is located in Clerkenwell, Central London. Our office reflects our unique culture: we have an office bar, a staff band and colleagues who cook each other lunch.
The Trade Quality Team are expert detectives and decision makers, tasked with evaluating our tradespeople at all stages of their MyBuilder journey. We are a small team with a lot of responsibility and our actions shape the reputation of the site. Employing a range of technical tools backed by good judgement, our goal is to ensure homeowners meet only the best tradespeople on MyBuilder. In a typical day you might:
- Call a promising builder to find out more about his business.
- Conduct fraud investigations into suspicious identity documents.
- Guide a not so tech-savvy tradesperson through our online application process.
- Use your sleuthing skills to investigate abuse of our feedback system.
- Risk-assess a trade account with your colleagues following a customer complaint.
- Tell a tradesperson we no longer feel comfortable listing their business on MyBuilder.
- Share what you learned today with the rest of the team.
Who we're looking for
Our perfect candidate won’t have specific qualifications or experience, but we are looking for certain skills. We want people who are enthusiastic and have a real passion for helping our customers succeed. You must demonstrate:
- 2+ years experience in a customer relations role.
- Confidence to make tough decisions.
- Strong analytical skills with a real knack for detective work.
- Excellent research skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- An aptitude for technology and the ability to adapt to new systems and processes with ease.
- An ability to flourish in a high pressure, fast moving environment.
Why you'll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We’ll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely office located near Old Street. You’ll enjoy the best coffee around, great food and regular team outings. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a top-flight team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We'll also add:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fresh food and exotic drinks
- Foosball, darts, skateboards & guitars
How to apply
If this sounds like your next challenge, write to us. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.