MyBuilder.com is an innovative, successful web business based in Central London, enabling homeowners to find reliable tradesmen through the power of online reviews. We are a hard working, close-knit team dedicated to creating an incredible offering that solves a real problem. Our headquarters in Clerkenwell reflect our unique culture: we have an amazing office bar, guitars, a drum kit, a bike mechanic workstation, and a rotating food team who make lunch for everyone. It’s a fun place to be and that’s mainly because everyone in the team believes in the mission and is seriously good at what they do. Our rapid growth and ambitious plans now necessitate a full-time Finance Manager to join the team.
We are looking for an experienced, talented and well rounded finance professional to develop the finance function in our well established, fast growing company. Initially you be a one person finance department, and you will need to be capable of growing with the company by recruiting and managing support staff when needed.
There will be lots of other areas to pitch in with, depending on your capacity, skills and interest. As a key member of a growing and ambitious company, you will have ample opportunity to develop professionally over the coming months and years.
Reporting directly to the CEO/Founder, your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the day-to-day accounting operations for the company, handling all financial related queries.
- Working with our corporate parent IAC/InteractiveCorp (NYSE: IAC), fulfilling monthly and quarterly financial reporting requirements.
- Implementation and management of the internal control systems including compliance with SOX requirements.
- Deliver changes across the accounting environment that are impacted by SOX.
- Managed the month end close process in line with corporate deadlines.
- Cash flow / treasury management including forecasting and coordinating payments to suppliers.
- Paying invoices and managing relationships with suppliers.
- Forecasting, financial planning and maintenance of KPIs for senior management.
- Managing payroll (currently 45 people, both salary and hourly wage.)
- Data analysis and ad hoc reporting across the business.
- Various admin: financial and legal odds and ends.
The Right Person
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified with 5+ years post qualification experience
- Experience leading an in house Finance function
- Experience working in a Technology environment (preferable)
- Expertise in working with US multinationals companies
- Operational experience including systems SOX, and controllership processes
- Solid Analytical skills
- Experience with financial systems - Oracle, Hyperion or SAP
- Advanced in Excel
- Strong problem solving skills and good judgement
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with the CEO/senior stakeholders
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to juggle a busy workload and take responsibility for your own work.