MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.).
Our headquarters in Clerkenwell reflect our unique culture: we have an amazing office bar, guitars, a drum kit, a bike mechanic workstation, extensive library and a rotating food team who make lunch for everyone. It’s a fun place to be and that’s mainly because everyone in the team believes in the mission and is seriously good at what they do.
We want to work with people who are curious, honest, courageous and passionate - if that sounds like you and you love gaining insight from data, then you may have found a new home.
MyBuilder is a local services marketplace. Marketplaces are complex businesses and they generate lots of data. We have over 35 different trade categories and have tradesmen across the UK. So in effect, there are many thousands of micro markets that need to be optimised on a regular basis for supply, demand and in respect to pricing. To achieve this we need to be able to understand our data better.
This will be MyBuilder’s first dedicated data role. Although we are also looking to hire a Marketplace analyst into our Marketing team. This is a great opportunity to help shape our data practices and toolsets. There’s definitely plenty of work to be done and we feel that filling this role represents one of our biggest opportunities for business growth.
This is a role that will report into our CTO, so you will be part of our outstanding tech team. However, you will also spend a lot of time with the CEO and with the rest of the team, so there is a lot of variety in this role.
We need help in the following areas: (You won't need to do all of this)
- Reporting across the business.
- Product optimisation.
- Business & Team KPI’s.
- Tracking and attribution modelling for sales & marketing activities.
- Monitoring the churn of our customers.
- Understanding the business impact of changes to our website and mobile apps.
- Pricing optimisation.
- Business modelling.
- Leveraging machine learning to help our customers.
The right person
We need someone who really wants to understand data, who when faced with a shift in one of our key metrics will keep digging until they figure out the when what and why.
- Excellent SQL skills, experience with PostgreSQL would be ideal but is not required.
- Great understanding of statistical techniques.
- Superb spreadsheets skills, Excel or Google sheets.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or equivalent quantitative field.
- Hands-on technical background.
- Experience of Web analytics, in particular, Google Analytics.
- Have extracted data from PPC advertising platforms. I.e Google Adwords.
- Experience working with a development team helping them to collect the data needed by the business.
Why you'll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We’ll set you up with a new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely office located in Clerkenwell. You’ll enjoy the best coffee around, great food and regular team outings. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a top-flight team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We'll also add:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Bonus holiday scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Foosball, darts, skateboards & guitars
How to apply
Send your CV tell us why this is the role for you.