Site Reliability Engineer
We want to work with people who are curious, honest, courageous and passionate - if that sounds like you and you want to work for an innovative, successful web business helping homeowners to find reliable tradespeople, then you may have found a new home.
* Maintain production services through measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
* Scale systems through automation
* Spend at least 50% of your time on development efforts that improve reliability, monitoring, performance and velocity
* Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
* Not be afraid to contribute changes back to the Software engineering team to improve the systems
* Managing the delivery pipeline into production
Our infrastructure is a hybrid with dedicated leased servers and AWS services. We are currently considering options for the next level of our platform.
Our current main technology stack is:
* Apache, Nginx
We have contributed to the open source community building a configuration management tool for Kong as well as Puppet modules.
We employ a number of tools to monitor our systems.
The right person
We are looking for people who care about good craftsmanship, who strive to improve themselves, their code and the workplace.
This is not a job for a someone new to software development or operations. It takes years of experience to be able to quickly troubleshoot operational problems while thinking of the bigger picture in the areas and tools we can build to improve our metrics.
You should be the type of person that wants to automate the job you do today to give you a more interesting job tomorrow.
We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.). MyBuilder operates throughout the UK.
Our headquarters in Clerkenwell reflect our unique culture: we have an amazing office bar, guitars, a drum kit, a bike mechanic workstation, extensive library and a rotating food team who make lunch for everyone. It’s a fun place to be and that’s mainly because everyone in the team believes in the mission and is seriously good at what they do.