Site Reliability Engineer
MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.)
Our headquarters in Clerkenwell reflect our unique culture: we have an amazing office bar, guitars, a drum kit, a bike mechanic workstation, extensive library and a rotating food team who make lunch for everyone. It’s a fun place to be and that’s mainly because everyone in the team believes in the mission and is seriously good at what they do.
We want to work with people who are curious, honest, courageous and passionate - if that sounds like you and you want to work for an innovative, successful web business helping homeowners to find reliable tradespeople, then you may have found a new home.
* Maintain production services through measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
* Scale systems through automation.
* Spend at least 50% of your time on development efforts that improve reliability, monitoring, performance and velocity.
* Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
* Not be afraid to contribute changes back to the Software engineering team to improve the systems.
* Managing the delivery pipeline into production.
Our infrastructure is a hybrid with dedicated leased servers and AWS services. We are currently considering options for the next level of our platform.
Our current main technology stack is:
* Apache, Nginx
We have contributed to the open source community building a configuration management tool for Kong as well as Puppet modules.
We employ a number of tools to monitor our systems.
The right person
We are looking for people who care about good craftsmanship, who strive to improve themselves, their code and the workplace.
This is not a job for a someone new to software development or operations. It takes years of experience to be able to quickly troubleshoot operational problems while thinking of the bigger picture in the areas and tools we can build to improve our metrics.
You should be the type of person that wants to automate the job you do today to give you a more interesting job tomorrow.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We’ll set you up with a new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely office located in Clerkenwell. You’ll enjoy the best coffee around, great food and regular team outings. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a top-flight team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Health Cash Plan
- Group Life Assurance Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- 31 days holiday with an extra day for each year served (no cap)
- Weekly and Monthly social events including 5aside Football, Film Club, Drinks & Dinners
- Drinks on Friday at our all-hands company celebration meeting
How to apply
Write to us and tell us why this is the role for you.
For more information on how we store your data please visit our Employment Candidate Privacy Notice.