Customer Support Advisor
MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.).
Our bright and spacious office is located bang in the centre of Clerkenwell, the most interesting creative hotspot in London. We enjoy shiny Apple products, excellent coffee, free lunches, lively banter and the most competitive office table tennis league in town (probably). Come and join our team!
Our customer service team are on the front line at MyBuilder. We are the eyes and ears of the company and the voice of our customers. We help people resolve their issues and turn unhappy users into evangelists. We proudly believe in the service we provide, promoting long-term usage with a keen focus on customer retention.
What the role involves
In this varied role, your job will be to support and delight customers on both sides of our marketplace. If a homeowner is struggling to log in or find a tradesperson through our platform, you’ll provide helpful and friendly advice by email or over the phone. Our trade customers rely on us to get them going on MyBuilder and keep their accounts running smoothly. During a typical day, you might be called on to offer tailored on-boarding advice, resolve billing queries or help someone manage their online reputation.
Playing referee in the marketplace isn’t always easy and sometimes our customers can be frustrated or upset when they contact us. While it can be a challenging role at times, our advisors love the satisfaction of solving problems, overcoming objections and making our customers happy.
Who we're looking for
You are a people person and making others happy comes naturally to you. You know when someone is struggling and instinctively want to help them out. A natural communicator who understands the importance of language and tone, you love to chat and take pride in writing a great email. You are passionate about technology and excited about what we are trying to achieve. Most importantly, you have a genuine desire to provide fantastic customer service.
Individuality, enthusiasm and dedication are some of the qualities we value in our employees. We like people who volunteer before they’re asked, have a go at something they’ve never done before and who smile at the end of a tough day. Here are some of the other qualities we look for:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Empathetic and compassionate - you understand people and care.
- Self-motivated with bundles of enthusiasm.
- Strong work ethic - clock-watchers need not apply.
- Creative - you try to find the best solution rather than the easiest.
- Perceptive - you see the real problem, not the one you were told about.
- Tech-savvy - keyboard shortcuts and productivity tools are your thing.
- Detail oriented and organised - you don't miss a trick.
- Good fun to be around!
This role would be ideal for a recent graduate or someone looking for a new challenge!
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
- We’ll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely Clerkenwell office. As part of a close-knit team, you’ll benefit from regular peer support and feedback to help you succeed and progress in your role at MyBuilder. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a top-flight team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We'll also add:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Health Cash Plan
- Bonus holiday scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Foosball, darts, skateboards & guitars
How to apply
If this role sounds like you, apply now and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
For more information on how we store your data please visit our Employment Candidate Privacy Notice.